Top 7 Facts About Japan You Didn’t Know
The island nation in the Pacific ocean is very famous due to its strong values and rich culture. Here is the list of top 7 facts about Japan that you did not know.
1. Ancient Japanese women used to blacken their teeth with dye because white teeth were considered ugly. This practice, called ohaguro was continued until the late 1800s.
2. 21% of the population of Japan is elderly. More than 50,000 people are over 100 years old.
3. Japanese people are interested in your blood type. Most of them believe that each blood type has a certain person just like a zodiac sign.
4. The country is made up of 6,852 islands.
5. Japan has only 2 guns related homicides yearly on average.
6. On an average, 1500 earthquakes occur yearly because of its location in the Ring of fire.
7. Japenese farmers grow square watermelons so that they can easily store.